
Yes I know this is my first post, yes it should be really fun and exciting but it's not. I'm writing this in dedication to my friend Jon Lacina who's been missing for awhile now and nobody has any clue where he is, or if he's okay. I've known Jon (Lacina as I call him) since I was about 14 years old and now I am 21. I just keep thinking back to the time I saw him last, he was with Connor at Wal-mart during Christmas time back at home and we had a nice conversation and were glad to see each other since summer. Although we weren't best friends I always trusted him with whatever I would tell him and we always got along. When it was just us, for example, classes we've had together we'd just stick together and talk and joke about things and especially at work where we worked at our hometown movie theater together. When I was in middle school, my most memorable friends were Melissa, Manly, Adam and Lacina. Having us together could guarantee any type of fun, whether it'd be movie nights or just hanging out. But now it's so surreal when I see a news report and his picture on the T.V. screen, and think "I know this missing student, his news is all over Iowa and surrounding states...and I know him he's my friend." You never know what is going to happen to people and you almost feel like everybody you know and care about are invincible but they're not, until something horrible happens to them. Everyday I walk to class I think of him, asking myself "Where's he at? Is he okay?" and have to stop from crying thinking about all his friends and family who are deeply hurting right now.
My main message is that life is way too precious, you never know when your time is coming and you should treat everybody as if you're never going to see them again. Don't forget to let others know that you appreciate them and that you're glad that they're in your life. I'm still praying for you Lacina.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.